Example Problem Foods
As individuals, our reactions to foods and drinks vary a great deal. An ingredient which may cause problems for one person could be completely acceptable for another. At YorkTest, we like to refer to this as our ‘food fingerprint’.
Interestingly, our recent customer survey date shows that 64% of YorkTest customers have between 2 and 8 food reactions.
Understanding your own personal food and drink intolerances, and the effects they could have on your health and wellbeing, is important to ensure you make the best possible choices for your diet.
Gluten is a common trigger food for many, but are you aware of all the foods that contain it?
If corn is a trigger food for you, there are a few surprising ingredients you should avoid
Wheat is often given different names on packaging - do you know what to avoid?
If oats are a problem for you it's important to substitute them with healthy alternatives...
If seafood is a problem for you, it is essential to balance your diet with nutritious alternatives.
Alcohol can cause us to feel unwell from time to time but for some, it's the ingredients which causes the problem
Yeast is a common trigger food and is one of the more difficult ingredients to avoid. Do you know what to look out for?
A reaction to dairy means you may need to make changes to your diet. Discover some delicious alternatives here...
If eggs are causing you problems it is important avoid them but do you know the alternative names found on packaging
Nuts provide you with healthy fats but if they are a trigger food for you, it is important to include healthy substitutes
The comprehensive Food&DrinkScan Programme analyses your IgG reaction to 158 foods and drinks, providing you with clear results and nutritional support to help you replace your problem foods and optimise your diet.
- Money Back Promise - if no reactions are identified YorkTest will refund you €320 (available when you purchase the complete programme at the RRP)
- Expert testing and analysis of IgG antibody reactions to 158 foods and drinks
- Comprehensive guidebook and 12 week food and drink diary
- Two x 30 minute telephone consultations with one of our NTOI/BANT* registered Nutritional Therapists
- Convenient mail order service – no need to visit our laboratory
Problems Associated with Foods
Could you be suffering from food intolerance? Find out about the common symptoms.Symptoms of intolerance
Read some of our customers' storiesFind out more
The FirstStep Test is a simple and convenient home to laboratory test. Clear ‘yes or no’ indicator of food intolerance* before you decide to progress to a full programme to investigate your individual problem foods.
- Ireland's only simple ‘yes or no’ indicator of food intolerance*
- Convenient home to laboratory testing service with FREE delivery and return
- If positive, the price is deducted from the cost of your Complete YorkTest Programme
- Second stage testing continues on FirstStep blood sample - no need to provide a second sample